LondonMet Badminton Club
Join us today for regular friendly social and competitive badminton with feather shuttles in one of the best London venues – the best value badminton session in London!
Why London Met?
- We have less people per court than any other London club (5 players per court, versus 7 per court in other clubs, hence minimum waiting time).
- We play with high-quality feather shuttles
- We don’t do micro-management – play the games you want to play!
We use an automated booking system. To attend our sessions you MUST register for FREE at www.meetup.com/londonmet/.
Please read the rules and FAQ – that should answer most of your questions.
We Provide Professional Racket Stringing Service and UKCC Level 2 Qualified Coaching (One to one or group).
Annual membership costs just £20 and gives you a reduced rate for attending London Met Badminton Club sessions and great discounts on badminton rackets and more!
Non-students are welcome. London Metropolitan students are entitled to 50% discount. Students of other universities are not currently entitled to a discount. You can book a spot for up to 2 friends. State their name(s) in the “Have a comment?” field to ensure smooth access into the building.
There are restrictions on beginners: they may attend only the sessions specifically assigned for them. Beginners are encouraged to take some coaching to be able to keep up with more experienced players and not cause frustration for both sides.
1. Pay to the organiser present at the session and make sure organiser marked you as paid on the list of attendees.
2. Leaving without paying is regarded are stealing: do it once and you will banned forever and named & shamed to all other badminton clubs.
Also, the deadly sins that lead to you being banned are:
2.1.If you abuse our shuttlecock system: take more than one shuttle at a time, deliberately hit the feather, through away new shuttles.
2.2 If you abuse the booking system: last minute cancellations, book into all the sessions and never come etc.
2.3 If you abuse other players, behave inappropriately or somewhat aggressively
3. You are regarded as a No-Show if you are on the list of attendees and fail to attend the session. No-Shows are liable for the full fee for that session. Members are liable for the friends they book in on their name. If you fail to give yourself in and get caught, you may be banned.
4. The buildings shut at 9pm (and 3pm on Saturdays). We have to leave the building by that time. If you are taking a shower please allow enough time for that. Help with setting up the nets and clearing them at the end is hugely appreciated!
5. Feather shuttlecocks will be available for games in the tubes in the middle of the hall. If you want to warm up or exercise please use knockers form the carton box. Once you have finished the game and the shuttle is still OK leave it near the tube with new shuttles so that others could use it for their next game. Only bad shuttles should get thrown into the carton box.
6. London Met Badminton Club, London Met University, organisers or any other party involved in running the club will accept no responsibility for death, personal injury, stolen or damaged property or any other damage occurred on the premises or in course of the badminton session.